Introduction to GATE 2018:
- About: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) is one of the most competitive examinations for pursuing a postgraduate course in engineering.
- Degree Awarded: The degree awarded to the candidates after completion of a postgraduate course will either be M.tech, M.E or M.S.
- Conducted By: The GATE examination is often conducted by the IISc or IIT institutes.
- IIT Guwathi is going to conduct the GATE examination in February 2018.
- GATE acts as a judging medium, qualifying students to gain entry into top M.tech/M.E colleges like IITs, IIITs, NITs in India.
- Question Type: The exam comprises of two types of questions, Numerical and Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs).
Given below are the options given to the candidates after their GATE score:
- Candidates can gain admission into any institutes offering postgraduate courses like M.Tech, M.E or M.S
- Candidates can apply for a job in a various Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) that recruit based on GATE scores. The various PSUs are ONGC, NTPC, Indian Oil Corporation, HPCL, BPCL, Power Grid etc.
- A candidate can also pursue a doctoral program, Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) in any of the Indian Institute of Management(IIMs) with their GATE score.
Highlights of GATE 2018:
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Type||National Level Screening Test|
|GATE Started Year||1984|
|Stream||Engineering, Technology, and Architecture|
|GATE 2018 Organizing Institute||IIT Guwathi|
|Top Colleges Participating||IITs|
|Total Number of candidates qualified last year||1,21,1960|
|Qualifying Exam||Bachelor’s degree holders 4 years after( 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) or final year candidates|
|Scores validation period||3 Years|
|Application Fees||Male Candidates (General/OBC) -1500 INR
Women Candidates of any category-750 INR
SC / ST / PWD Category Candidates-750 INR
|Official Address||Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Technology Guwathi|
GATE 2018 Important Dates:
- Deadline: The last date of submission for online application form is over.
- Admit Card: The admit card for GATE 2018 will be in the online application portal on 5th January 2018.
- To know more about GATE 2018 important dates click here.
GATE 2018 Eligibility:
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in courses such as BE/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Sc or any of the science streams.
- PG Graduates: Candidates who have graduated or are currently pursuing their final year in Master’s degree from any stream Science/ Mathematics/Computer or equivalent or Statistics or Five years B.S. / M.S. Progam or M.Tech / M.E. after BSc are also eligible to apply for GATE 2018.
- To know more about GATE 2018 eligibility click here.
GATE 2018 Application Process:
- Availability Mode: The GATE application form is available only online and candidates can fill in the application form for GATE 2018 via GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Registration: Candidates should visit the official website of GATE and should register them first.
- Click here to know more about the GATE 2018 application process.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern:
- Total Questions: There are 65 questions in total which are objective type.
- Sections: There are3 sections namely General Aptitude, Technical (concerned engineering subjects), Mathematics.
- To know more about the GATE 2018 Exam Pattern click here.
GATE 2018 Admit Card:
- Date: The admit card for GATE 2018 will be available online from 5th January onwards.
- Candidates should take the printout of the admit card without which they won’t be able to enter the exam hall.
- Click here to know more about the GATE 2018 admit card.
GATE 2018 Exam Centres:
- GATE is a national level examination that happens in many cities across India and abroad too.
- City Preference: Candidates can select 3 exam centers of their preference and should make sure that they select the cities with utmost attention as the selected centers cannot be changed after successful registration.
- To know more about GATE 2018 Exam Centres click here.
GATE 2018 Syllabus:
- Question Papers: Candidates can refer the previous year question papers for GATE to get the clear idea about the syllabus.
- Subject Wise Syllabus: Each subject has different syllabus, so candidates should ensure that they have the syllabus for their choice of subject.
- To know more about GATE 2018 syllabus click here.
GATE 2018 Results:
- Result Date: Candidates can check the results on 27th March 2018 on the official website.
- Validity: The GATE score is valid for 3 years.
- To know more about the GATE 2018 Results click here.
GATE 2018 Counselling:
- Note: The qualified candidates for the post-graduation engineering entrance exam must know that there is no common counselling for GATE 2018.
- COAP: Institutes like IITs will conduct GATE 2018 counselling through Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP).
- Click here to know more about GATE 2018 counselling.
GATE 2018 Reference Books:
- Textbooks: Candidates should refer the textbooks so that they will be well prepared for the examination.
- Subjects: GATE 2018 is conducted for 23 different subjects so it is very important that the candidates go through the prescribed textbooks to get the clear idea about the concepts.
- To know more about the GATE 2018 Reference books click here.