Steps to be Followed to fill in the GATE 2018 Online Application Form:
- Registration: Visit the official website at GOAPS.
- Required Details: Enter the required personal details, a valid e-mail ID, and mobile number. Create a password which will be used to login later.
- Personal Details: Enter your personal and educational details in the application form for GATE.
- Discrepancies: Preview the form to verify the information entered and modify the incorrect details immediately to avoid discrepancies later.
- Note that the applications cannot be modified post final submission.
- Fee payment: After saving the application form candidate can make the application fees payment using net banking, debit card or credit card. After paying GATE application fees, a fee payment number is generated which the candidate can note for the later stages of the GATE Selection process.
Important Instructions for the Candidates regarding GATE 2018:
- Before filling the application form candidates should ensure about the paper code for the paper of their choice, as it will be required at the time of submitting the application form and while appearing for the examination.
- A candidate can appear for only one paper in GATE 2018.
- Since candidates can apply for only one paper, therefore, they are requested to carefully make the choice of the papers they wish to write.
- The candidate is expected to appear in the paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree.
- The candidate is free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of GATE 2018.
- The candidate should refer to the websites for more details regarding GATE 2018.
GATE 2018 Application form fees:
|Male Candidates /General/OBC||INR 1500|
|Women Candidates of any category-SC/ST/ PWD Category Candidates||INR 750|
List of GATE papers and corresponding codes:
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL**|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
XE* & XL Paper**
|XE Paper Sections||Code||XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||H|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||M|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|