Counselling for GATE 2018
GATE 2018 Counselling Process:
- The qualified candidates for the post-graduation engineering entrance exam must know that there is no common counselling for GATE 2018.
- There is separate counselling process conducted by institutes like IITs, NITs, IISc Bangalore, GFTIs, and others for the qualified candidates to get admission in M.Tech programmes.
- Institutes like IITs will conduct GATE 2018 counselling through Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP).
- Each institute groups–the IITs, IISc as well NITs have their own counselling setups for admissions.
- Candidates wish to seek admission in M.Tech degree courses at IITs, 70% of GATE score from last year is seen as a criterion for admission.
- The other 30% is considered for the qualifying degree’s academic performance of the candidate.
- The IITs shortlist the candidates as per the minimum cut off.
The process of Online Counselling for GATE in different Institutes:
Admission to IITs for M.Tech Programme:
- Candidates have to register themselves at COAP and the respective IIT and M.Tech programme.
- On the basis of the applications submitted by candidates to IITs and GATE scores, COAP will offer admission to the candidates.
- The registration for PG admissions at IITs will commence before or after the announcement of GATE 2018 result.
Admission to NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs for M.Tech Programme:
- The counselling will be conducted through Centralised Counselling for M.Tech (CCMT).
- Candidates of M.Tech programmes will be able to access the application form of these institutes for GATE counselling 2018.
Admission to IISc Bangalore for M.Tech Programme:
- Admission to IISc Bangalore for the M.Tech program is conducted before GATE 2018 result announce.
- Candidates are requested to check all the eligibility criteria before applying.
Documents required for counselling:
- GATE 2018 scorecard
- Identification proof
- Application receipt for fee
- Engineering academic records
- Mark-sheets for board exams
- SC/ ST certificate (if applicable)
- PWD category certificate (if applicable).