GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
Below is the Examination Pattern for GATE 2018:
- Total Questions: There would be a total of 65 Objective Type Questions.
- Total Marks: The GATE exam paper is for 100 marks.
- Question Type: The Question paper consists of objective type questions.
- Sections: General Aptitude, Technical (concerned engineering subjects), Mathematics.
- Note: There are no sectional cutoffs for GATE.
- General Aptitude: In the section for General Aptitude of the GATE examination, there are 10 compulsory Questions. These come for 15 marks—5 of 1 mark each; and 5 of 2 marks each.
||15% of Total
||15% of Total
||70% of Total
Negative Marking Scheme for GATE 2018:
- For every incorrect 1 Mark Question, 1/3 mark would be deducted
- For every incorrect 2 Mark Question, 2/3 marks would be deducted
- There would be no negative marking for any unattempted question.
- GATE has no negative marking for numerical questions.
- The candidates would have access to a Virtual Online Calculator onscreen during the GATE test to help them in the complicated calculation.
- The same will appear with all scientific and usual functions.
- There are specific display boxes for each value and results obtained.
Marking Scheme for GATE 2018:
- Each correct answer is awarded 1 Mark for Questions 1 to 25
- Each correct answer is awarded 2 Marks for Questions 26 to 55
- Each correct answer is awarded 15 Marks for Questions 56 to 65